I'm borrowing this from Courtney at French Country Cottage.
Here are seven things you don't know about me:
1. I took ice skating lessons from the ages of eight to 13 and competed a little. I absolutely adored being in the ice shows my rink would put on. We always got sparkly, spangly costumes!
2. A few years ago I won a car in a radio contest.
3. I won a young author's competition in sixth grade. I began writing a few books when I was a teenager but I never finished any of them.
4. I am a horrible cook. I can follow a recipe exactly and the dish will never turn out well. It's a curse.
5. One of my biggest dreams and goals is to earn a Ph.D. I'd better get on that...I'm not getting any younger!
6. I have a tripod (three-legged) dog. She is a love bug.
7. I am terribly afraid of snakes, especially rattlesnakes. Being a desert kid, I had many close calls with rattlesnakes during my youth. I have nightmares about them.
This was fun, and it really took me a long time to think of seven things. I invite all of you to do this, too!