Sunday, January 20, 2013

Book Review - Three Moons Over Sedona

I thought I'd share some thoughts about books I've read lately.  I don't know how regular a feature this will be.  I love to read book reviews by "regular" people.  It gives me inspiration for what to put on my to-be-read list.



Three Moons Over Sedona was written by Sherry Hartzler, and it's a book I downloaded from Amazon.  It usually costs a few dollars, but when I found it it was free.

The protagonist is an Ohio woman in her 50s named Georgia Mae.  As the book opens, she has recently become a widow.  She is surviving but not really living.  On a whim one day, she decides to take a drive in her late husband's classic car.  She ends up taking quite a road trip and her final destination is Sedona, AZ.

The book discusses the journey she takes while dealing with grief and betrayal, and the characters she meets along the way.  There is Zoe, who owns a gift shop, and Trish, a cafe owner.  Both of them have some mysteries in their pasts.  Last but not least is Doc, an attractive retired physician.

I really enjoyed this book.  It kept my attention and I read it pretty quickly.  The character development was good and the author is pretty adept at dialogue.  The setting of the book, Sedona, is a picturesque area that was woven nicely into the story.

The only part that bothered me was Georgia Mae's tendency to quickly lose her temper with others.  In retrospect though I think that was part of her "rebirth."  She was pretty mousey when her husband was alive, and we get to see her begin to stand up for herself and her needs.

I want to mention a site called BookBub.com.  If you have an eReader, sign up with this site and you will receive a daily e-mail with book bargains, at least one of which is free.  That is how I've found some pretty good books to download to my Kindle.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

This looks good, and I love anything that has Sedona in it. I'm doing a weekly book "chat." Review sounded a little too-too for what I will be doing. Posted the first one yesterday and you are very welcome to be a guest blogger.