Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's New in My Make Up Bag?

Sometimes I consider turning this into a make up blog.  That's how strong my addiction is.  I'm not going to do it, however, because there are so many interesting things to write about.  Instead, I'll do semi-regular posts about recent purchases, especially if they're ones I recommend.

My make up comes almost exclusively from the drugstore (Walgreens, Target, and WalMart).  I love the higher end lines, of course, but they usually come with pretty big price tags.  What I've been doing is reading blogs or watching YouTube videos that are done by other make up junkies who are kind enough to do reviews and comparisons of high end vs. drugstore lines.  Sometimes they even let the rest of us know about "dupes."  Dupes are less expensive products that are very similar to products by MAC, Bobbi Brown, etc.

These are all products I've purchases within the last month, and I recommend all of them.  These were purchased at either Walgreens or Target, and all were under $10.00.

Milani Mettalic Baked Eye Shadow in Rich Java.  This is great as an eyeliner...just wet the eyeliner brush to make it more vivid.


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Orchid Hush



Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Eye Shadow for green eyes (Note:  This is usually $10.50, but I found it on clearance at Target for $2.50.  Also, I don't have green eyes, but I thought this collection had the prettiest colors!)


Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Ivory (Note:  Excellent foundation!  Companies like Rimmel and Wet 'N Wild have come a long way, in my opinion.)



Wet 'N Wild  Color Icon Brow Pencil in Taupe (Note:  If you're not sure about your eyebrow color, taupe works universally well for almost every shade.)


I think one of the best investments is good make up brushes.  They can really make a huge difference in application.  I never use the cheap little brushes that come with products.  A really good line of brushes that is nice to the pocketbook too is Eco Tools brushes.  This little set of Eco Tools Bamboo brushes for eye make up application is under $10.00.


That's it for now.  One tip I can pass along is to check Sunday circulars for sales.  Places like Walgreens often have "Buy One, Get One Half Off" sales.

Have a lovely week!

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

love the eco brushes!! hugs and happy weekend wishes