Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chick Flicks

Do you like chick flicks?  I love 'em.  I know they aren't usually very intellectually stimulating, but who needs that all the time?

Today I'm watching "Steel Magnolias."  I'm not sure why...the ending always makes me ball like a baby.  What is it that compels us to do or watch something we know will make us miserable? LOL

Some of my favorites in this genre include:

"Sweet Home Alabama"
"The Devil Wears Prada"
"Legally Blonde"
"How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days"
"13 Going On 30"
"You've Got Mail"
"Notting Hill"
"A Cinderella Story"
"Mean Girls"
"Hitch"

Does anyone have more suggestions for me?  I'm tucked in for a long weekend and it's getting ready to storm outside.  I can order some streaming movies from Netflix, so let's hear some ideas!

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

The Domestic Princess said...

Oh Melissa, I just happened upon your blog and saw this post. My favourite movie list would be virtually the same as yours! I am a true girly girl and so girly films are my favourite. I really love period style movies too. I just recently watched Somethings Gotta Give with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton, for about the millionth time! I love her house in the movie....just gorgeous. xx