Saturday, October 9, 2010

Christmas Gifting

I've really been thinking about possibilities for homemade Christmas gifts that I can give this year.

The crafting gene skipped a generation in my family.  Both my mother and daughter are wonderfully crafty and I'm...not.  So anything I make has to be simple.

Some ideas I've come up with so far:

1.  Sew decorative ribbon on plain kitchen or bath towels to give them a custom look.  Even I can figure out how to do that LOL.



2.  Flavored cooking oils.  I've seen these in stores and they are so pretty.  There is still time to purchase some inexpensive glass bottles.  Use a nice quality olive oil and add garlic, ginger, or rosemary oil as well as herbs of your choosing.



3.  Magnets.  I think I'll make some of these using a zebra-print paper for my daughter.  The supplies needed are magnets and clear flat circular glass stones.  Customize the glass stones by gluing a photo or scrap of pretty paper to the flat side.  Once the glue has dried, attach the magnet to the bottom.






4.  Of course, you can't go wrong whipping up some holiday candies.  Some of my favorites include peppermint bark, fudge, candied citrus peel, Neapolitan coconut candy, and sugared walnuts.  Put a nice selection into a holiday-themed tin.






I would love to hear others' ideas for handmade gifts.  Remember, though, keep it simple for me!! LOL


I can't wait for the holiday season to begin in full force! 






Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments: